You need the PIN to administrate this chat (delete comments or the entire chat, moderate, lock or encrypt it).
If you know the correct PIN, enter it here:
Translate chatc99.chat can translate the comments in this chat automatically (paid feature, see ): Each comment will be translated into a language defined by you. Each participant in this chat can define his own target language.
Automatic translation: 40% used
Your target language?
['None'] to switch off.
Delete this chat from this device (or archive it ):Delete chat
The following actions are not available for you due to missing correct PIN:
- Encrypt this chat
- Delete this chat completely or individual comments
- Moderate or lock this chat
You can add additional features here.These are paid features. The feature will be available for this chat. Payment is processed via an external payment provider (Stripe); no payment data is passed through c99.chat.
Unencrypted chats will be translated automatically.
Used translation contingent: 40%
Translate to which language?
This chat can be moderated (can be switched on in the administration).
Uploaded files will be stored for four weeks.
Uploaded files can be up to 16 MB in size, not only 4 MB.
The chat will be fully exported, not only the first ten comments.
You can post a payment method to this chat.
More info...If you want to request a payment from the chat participants, add your payment methods here. Also choose if these shall be saved in a cookie on this device so you don't need to enter them next time - if you uncheck this, a previously stored cookie with this data will be removed. Uncheck an entry if you don't want to post it.
- Paypal: Enter your Paypal.me name (More info).
- Revolut: Enter your Revolut.me name (More Info).
Inform via Web Push
- Configure here if your browser shall send you a notification in case of new activities in your chats.
- As long as your browser is open (even when in background), it will inform you.
- You have to be away from this browser tab for 30 seconds or longer.
- Upon first configuration your browser will ask for your permission.
- This does not work (yet) on Apple iOS devices.
Inform via email
- Enter your email address here.
- You will receive a confirmation email, in which you have to click a link. Please also check your Spam-folder for this email in case you don't see it.
- After that you will receive (exactly) one email for the first new comment in one of your 'active' chats which was created 30 seconds or more after you last read the chat.
- You will not receive further emails (also not if new comments are posted) until you have entered one of your active chats.
- This applies only to 'active' chats, i.e. non-archived chats. Archived chats do not trigger a notification.
- In the notification email you can unsubscribe again.
- Your email address will not be disclosed to others, especially not to anyone else in the chat.
- You can switch on/off notifications here, while your email address remains confirmed.
Enter an email address first and confirm it.
Play sound on new message
When you have an open chat, each new comment will trigger a short notification sound. Use this for example when a chat is running on an unattended device. Note that comments will not be updated automatically when the chat window is not active (i.e. not in the foreground of the browser).
Careful, this does not work on iPhones and some browsers, as these prohibit playing a sound without user interaction.
Additionally the screen will flash briefly when a new comment arrives.
We have some games which you can play with your chat partners.
There will be an entry in the chat for two players - allocation is random. Click on the respective player names.
This game is based on code of Juan Bouquet.
There will be an entry in the chat. The allocation of white/black is random. Click on 'New game' to start afresh, or click on the status button to continue an existing game. The board will refresh after each move; please take care whose turn it is!
Only one chess game is possible in one chat.
You can lock the 'scrolling' of the underlying page with the switch on the chessboard in case it disturbs you.
This game is based on code of Greg Wilson; see also here.
These statistics are updated upon each browser-refresh.
More infoThis shows:
- The total number of comments in this chat
- The number of distinct user (-names) resp distinct devices in this chat: A user may change his name, but his device ID normally remains unchanged. Thus a higher user number indicates that someone participates in this chat with different names.
- The number of comments per day.
- The amount of chat visits per user: Each loading of this page means one chat visit.
- The split of comments between 'made from a mobile device' and 'made from a desktop/laptop'. There may an error if noone accessed from a desktop/laptop.
Mobile: 7 · Desktop: 13
This is a list of all uploaded files in this chat. Refresh the page to view the latest entries.Frank (19 months ago, 339.32K)London.jpg
ID: 62BE DA69 JYL1 DLJ5 ZMRN Q8CU RE8D UKHT
Machine ID (do NOT share!): s7UNSXMiUqRVhuIMVMwlqAryhb4yR1Ol
User Agent: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)
You are using the standard version. Go beta (experimental!)
Sun, 24. Sep 2023 03:06
Create a unique, unguessable, anonymous ad-hoc chat page only for you and selected people. No registration, no costs, no installation. Works anywhere. More Info · Example
Why do you need this? Click here
C99.chat means fast, uncomplicated Instant Chats.
Why not use WhatsApp / signal / Threema / Telegram / ... for this? Because with c99.chat neither you nor the other participants need a common App.
- You want to communicate in a larger group, e.g. at a conference or in a group where you don't know each person's telephone number / email address? Create a chat and show the QR code.
- You are on the phone with someone and want to share complex information or a file? Create a chat and invite that person to it with a temporary code.
- You meet someone on the street, in a bar, ... and want to be reachable, but don't want to hand out your private phone number / email address? Create a chat and show its QR code.
- You plan an event with several people and need a communication mechanism, even with surveys? Create a chat and share its QR code, maybe even as printout.
- You communicate with someone and you have no common language, e.g. with a taxi driver in a foreign country? Create a chat, switch on the auto-translation feature and show its QR code to him/her.
- You need a feedback channel for your customers? Create a chat, switch on the moderation feature, publish the QR Code and answer to the comment author individually. You can even be informed on new comments with a notification sound
- You want to keep control on the chat entries? Create a chat, switch on the moderation feature and approve the individual comments.
- You want to share a drawing with someone, maybe play a game? Create a chat, show its QR code to him/her and create a common whiteboard.
- You want to embed a chat into your own website? Create a chat and call it within an iframe.
- ... and much more ...
Everyone remains totally anonymous, and you do not have to identify other participants via their phone number / email address and run through a complicated onboarding process.
Backup / Migration
You can save the chats stored on this device and migrate them to another device. For this, you need to move the 'machine id' of this device to the new device.
Click the button to create a PDF with an overview and instructions.
Note: Anyone with access to this PDF can view and change your chats! There may not be any existing chats on the target (new) device; access to those will be overwritten.
To migrate individual chats to a new device, use the Share-icon.
Backup / Migration
You can upload a picture which shall represent you in a chat. If you rotate it, you and others may have to reload the page to clear the old image from the cache.